10 May, 2006

 

TiVo partners with Brightcove

I've kept my eye on Brightcove every once in a while, since the founder Jeremy Allaire introduced this new venture a few years ago. Jeremy also founded the ColdFusion Web application server product that I've made my career on since 1999. Over the past 10 years, ColdFusion ownership has changed hands from Allaire, to Macromedia, and recently to Adobe. Back to the subject at hand, this new deal will make it possible to view Brightcove Internet TV services via the TiVo box. I'm sure more details will come soon, but here's the press release that explains the deal thus far.

Shameless plug: if you activate a new Tivo, please use my email address so I can get the referral points. Simply use [tpullis at yahoo dot com]. If you have already activated, please contact me with your 15 digit service number so I can get the referral. Much appreciated!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home