21 May, 2007

 

USS TiVo

No, it's not the name of a new battleship or air-craft carrier. It stands for Universal Swivel Search, and it's the latest feature about to roll out to all Series 2 and 3 boxes. TiVo.com had this to say about it:

{Just enter your search term, then "Swivel" to see related programs by actor, topic, or show. Looking for movies from your favorite actor? Find a movie starring that actor, then Swivel to see all other movies with that actor -- whether they're coming up on broadcast TV or available from Amazon Unbox. New recordings are only a Swivel away!}

Strange name in my opinion, and I wonder if it will gain traction as an acronym everyone will come to know (such as RSS or AJAX). There are a bunch of blogs and articles about this new feature, I'll leave it for you to google them. But if you want to get on the priority so this new feature hits your TiVo box as soon as posible, click here and enter your Service Number. Click here for the official press release.

Shameless plug: if you activate a new Tivo, please use my email address so I can get the referral points. Simply use [tpullis at yahoo dot com]. If you have already activated, please contact me with your 15 digit service number so I can get the referral. Much appreciated!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home