31 May, 2007

 

Website asking for your activation referral

People continue to find clever ways to get TiVo referrals. For myself, I use this blog in hopes to get more. Since starting my Troy on Tivo blog about 1.5 years ago, I've only obtained 4 from kind strangers. I continue to hold out hope to eventually have enough for the Series 3 prize like fellow blogger Alex recently achieved, wow! Unfortunately, I can't put in the time to blog about TiVo every day, resulting in less readership and potential new TiVo subscribers. But when I do blog, I try to make posts that are insightful and unique. If you want to help my cause, please use my email [tpullis at yahoo dot com] upon activation. Much appreciated :)

One attempt I've seen is postings made to craigslist asking for them. This goes against the terms of the site, and usually the postings are quickly removed. So tonight I found a new approach I had yet to encounter -- a website www.freetivorewards.com devoted to asking for them. He explains that he will give away half of the TiVo rewards points as prizes to people who use him as their TiVo referrer. For example, if he gets 14 referrals, he will have 70,000 TiVo rewards points--enough for two ipod Nanos--one goes to him and one to a lucky soul drawn from the 14. He even has a top 10 reasons list to further state his case. The FAQ page explains that the site was launched in Feb 2006, so maybe it hasn't worked out and he's given up.

Thanks in advance if you are kind enough to send your TiVo activation referral my way and skip this guy's website approach.

Comments:
Don't get discouraged. Just keep doing what you are doing and the referrals will start to come.

Good luck!

Alex (TiVoBlog.com)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home