04 June, 2007

 

TiVo in Australia, why it took so long

I found this excellent article by Davis Freeberg tonight, that sheds light on why it has taken so long for TiVo to reach the consumers of Australia. He breaks down issues surrounding lawsuits, electronic program guide licensing, and tivodownunder.com. It makes much more sense now, read on to learn the drama behind this stage of TiVo's global reach. Thankfully, last week a new deal was announced with Seven Media Group to bring TiVo to Australia and New Zealand. Hopefully the consumers will embrace this partnership and close the chapter on this ridiculous legal roadblock.

Shameless plug: if you activate a new Tivo, please use my email address so I can get the referral points. Simply use [tpullis at yahoo dot com]. If you have already activated, please contact me with your 15 digit service number so I can get the referral. Much appreciated!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home